Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thinking about all that you have touched.

How much does one life play against another? How has Evelyn influenced those that have been in her life?  It is very interesting to think about. I sculpt her hands and think of her children's hands that held hers, the work that she did, the things she learned. Did she like to get her hands dirty, work in the garden?  How about holding the hands of her grandchildren.

I'm noticing her hands, they are as much a part of her personality as her face is.  They seem strong, not necessarily slender and delicate.  They remind me more of my own.

As I work on Evelyn's hands and look at her nails I am reminded I have gone back to wearing nail polish, not as an influence of Evelyn, but due to the fact that I am working so often in the clay it is almost impossible to get all of the dark brown clay out from under my nails.

Evelyn's shirt is complete. I like it, her waist band on her skirt is complete. I want to move to the sweater, but first I must place her hands, place them on her hips in this wonderful pose.


__________________________