Saturday, May 12, 2012

Now for the next part of the process- Mold making

The sculpture is divided into 8 pieces. 
Once the approval is received, I then begin the next step. Even though I have spent hours painstakingly putting in all of the texture and detail, I must now cut up the sculpture.  In the end there will be molds made of the following.
1. left arm
2. right arm
3. toros
4. head
5. two parts of skirt
6. left leg
7. right leg
8. base

Adding detail and making things as clean as possible
is the result of cutting things apart and being able
to look at all sides without standing on your head. 
The best part of cutting the sculpture apart is that I can work on the detail so much easier.  For example, I work on the detail on the underside of the hands.  This means that all though I have approval I still am spending an entire week on making parts as perfect as possible. While working on the hands, I found some chord and was able to make a better wedding ring, and give Evelyn a manicure.
Pieces of Evelyn are everywhere